Viva la denim! There is one reason why jeans will never ever go out of style – they are an extremely versatile fashion staple in closets across America. Many plus sized women tend wear dressed-down denim a la oversized t-shirts and sneakers, but fashionsistas knows how to make denim look sophisticated!
Getting the glamorous look down to a science requires keen attention to detail in the form of fashion and fit. Many plus size women have their own ideas about what constitutes a fashionable choice in jeans – boyfriend cut, bootleg, or the trouser jean. But equally important is finding the right fit that not only makes you look absolutely stylish and fashionable, but if you’re interested in hiding a few flaws (and all women have them), you also want to look slim, long, lean, and tall in your jeans.
Here are some quick tips to look 10 pounds lighter in your jeans!
- Choose a dark denim jean. What you will find is that darker-colored denim imparts a slimming effect to the body. Wanna take it up a notch to look extra lean? Match the tone of your shoes with your jeans. Pair with shoes or boots that are just as deep and dark in hue as your jeans.
- Slight fade gives a slimming effect. Pay close attention to the wash of the jean. The extreme fade look – with the super light center and dark edges – is a trend of seasons past. Instead, try a gradual fade on the jean to give a lean look to your legs.
- Absolutely wear heels. ‘Nuff said. Even a small heel will give you just an extra boost of height to make you look longer and leaner.
- The correct length is key! Please don’t wear your jeans too long or too short. Jeans that fall almost right to the bottom of the shoe gives the appearance of longer legs.
- Wear your correct size. Sometimes different brands of jeans might run a little larger or smaller depending on the cut. Please refrain from trying to fit into jeans that are too small. The muffin top is not going to give you a streamlined shape. And likewise, jeans that are saggy and baggy will do nothing but make you look bigger. Just don’t do it.